Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Wow. It's been a while.

So... I have recently been notified that I haven't been on here in a while. I look at the last time that I did post anything and I see that I haven't. I am pretty surprised. Not surprised that I haven't been on here in a while, but surprised that someone actually read my blog. I kinda doubted that she actually read my blog. She probably just skimmed through it.

And if she did read through it, I apologize. My blog sucks. But here I am. Back for now. And wow things have changed. If you would have told my sixteen year old self that in ten years that I would be married for almost 4 years, have a 18 month old, and have a second baby due any day, I would have laughed in your face.

Laughed hard. Split my gut open. Peed my pants.

But it is true. Ten years later I have a wife of 4 years, a 18 month old named Donald, and either Alexander or Audrey on the way. And no we have no idea what we are having. Really. No I am not lying. Fine. If you insist, but only to you. Don't tell anyone. Today we are having a girl. Audrey. Tomorrow it is a boy. Alexander. There happy? Did that make you feel better?

No? Not really. Oh well. I tried.

An update on my projects. Still there. Still haunting my every step. Still hounding me to finish them. Still mostly in the same stage that I left them. Maybe a little more disorganized as I have moved a bunch of times.

My current one. 'Solar Storm'. Yes I am still working on this one. Yes I am aware that I have been with my wife for only a slight more time than I have been working on it. Don't do the math. It is scary. Very scary.

Good news on it though. About a year and a half ago, I burnt it. Well... Kinda. My wife wouldn't let me actually burn it. Or parts of it. Or even cutting the margins off of the paper and burning that. So I went through the book and started a major re-write. I changed the last two thirds of the book. Got rid of a character, then put him back. Now I currently have 500 words shy of 100,000 words. For you non-writers, that is 400 pages. Average book has 250 words per page. Simple math.

Now to answer the next question. No I am not done it. Stop looking at me with that tone of voice. I am well aware that I have written a lot of pretty sounding words. I need another 8,000 words to finish it. I am working on it again. Don't worry. It'll get done.

Eventually...

Meanwhile, I have thought up other ideas for other books. Met people that I want to immortalize in prose. Most of them even with there knowledge of it.

My next story idea is one set 500 years in the future. We have space travel and we have colonized the other planets of the solar system. It's a fun project to work on. I am still figuring out what 500 years in the future looks like. I am split between making it a mix of Cowboy Beepob and Schlock Mercenary.

I will have to do a couple posts on the in's and out's of my future world. So many topics to talk about. Hmm...

My wife just told me to go and write something in 'Solar Storm'. I got to go to work. Oh well. Play time over.

Cheers.

2 comments:

Trenchcoat Anti-Critic said...

This may be the most mature I've seen your writing. I look forward to reading more like this.

Trenchcoat Anti-Critic said...

Glad to have you back. This is one of the best articles I've seen from you. I can't wait to see more, Nathan!